Why Is This Good For Me?
Vegan/Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Processed Sugar Free
Quinoa and Chia seed breed is a great for those who are gluten intolerant as it wont cause inflammation. Quinoa is an “ancient grain” that comes from the seed of the Chenopodium or Goosefoot plant. This bread is a great source of protein, fiber and definitely leaves you feeling satisfied!
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 3 Tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of macadamia oil or coconut oil
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- squeeze of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
How To Make:
- Soak quinoa in a bowl of 1/2 the water over night and in a separate small bowl soak the Chia seeds using half of the water. Place in the fridge (the Chia seeds will become a gel like consistency)
- When you’re ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C
- Rinse quinoa under the tap with fine strainer and make sure all the water is gone. Place the ingredients into a food processor (Note: leave out 1/2 of the quinoa) and add in chia seed gel, lemon, oil, salt and baking powder, blend until combined.
- Meanwhile, line a loaf tin with baking paper and grease with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Once blended, with a spoon mix in the remaining quinoa and pour into the loaf tin (the mixture should be thick).
- Place in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown and spongy.
- Let cool, then gently cut into slices. I recommend cutting slices and placing in the freezer.
Love the taste of healthy freshly baked bread. Enjoy with your favorite healthy toppings! I personally like avocado, a soft boiled egg and pepper or Healthy Nutella.