Why Is This Good For Me?
Vegan/Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Processed Sugar Free
We are still experiencing very hot weather and this soup is so cool and refreshing, perfect for days like today. Green peas provide us with key antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Green Peas are also low in calories, have no cholesterol and are an excellent source of fiber. Parsley is full of antioxidants, vitamins A, B, C and K just to name a few.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 500g green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 brown onions
- 2 cups Italian parsley leaves
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 3 cups vegetable stock (I bought an organic already made stock but you can make your own)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed olive oil
How To Make:
- In a large pot melt the coconut oil and fry the onions until golden brown. Then add the garlic and stir for another few minutes.
- Add hot stock into the pot along with the peas and let simmer.
- Add the parsley and take of heat and stir until the parsley has become very soft.
- Transfer into a high speed blender, add the olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Blend on high until it becomes a smooth creamy texture then pour into a pot and place in fridge for a few hours or until chilled. You may need to make this in the morning and enjoy at night for it to have enough time to cool. This soup will last about 3-4 days.
- When serving, garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and parsley leaves.