Vegan/Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Processed Sugar Free
The idea of using zucchini for your spaghetti might sound a bit strange at first, but trust me when you eat this you’ll be hooked. The benefits of eating zucchini spaghetti instead of regular high carb spaghetti is that it wont leave you feeling blotted and tiered but Rather you’ll feel satisfied and energised! This plate of goodness is made from all natural ingredients and is completely gluten and dairy free. The thing I love about this recipe is that you could eat a huge bowl and you would feel completely guilt free.
- 4 zucchini’s
Basil cashew pesto:
- 1 cup cashews(soaked in warm water for 15 mins)
- 3 cups basil
- 1/2 squeezed fresh lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 1 beetroot peeled and chopped
- 2 brown onions diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 semi dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- handful of coriander
- handful of thyme
- handful of basil
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 fresh lemon squeezed
How To Make:
- Using a spiralizer, make your zucchini spaghetti and set aside (you can get these from home ware stores or you can slice zucchini into thin strips).
- Blend together the basil cashew pesto and stir as much as desired in the zucchini pasta.
Making The Bolognese Sauce:
- Heat pan and grease with coconut oil.
- Add chopped onions, garlic and cook until soft.
- In a blender, blend all ingredients until combined (do not over blend as the sauce may become to thin)
- Place zucchini pesto pasta on plate, squeeze some lemon all over (optional but is great for a fresh zingy taste) and top with your delicious bolognese sauce.