Vegan/ Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Processed sugar free
This raw cheesecake is to live for, a delicious dessert with health benefits – yes please! I have been thinking about making a raw cheesecake for a while but couldn’t make up my mind what flavours to use. I wanted something with a bit of a zingy kick and these flavours work really well together. Lemon is high in vitamin C, which is an antioxidant vital for a strong immune system. Ginger aids in the detoxification of the body which can often be helpful when you have a cold, flu or just feeling run down. Ginger is also good for stomach upsets, dizziness and nausea.
- 1 1/2 cup nuts (I used soaked almonds and macadamias)
- 1 cup medjool dates (remove seeds)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 1/2 cups cashews soaked for 3-4 hours
- 1 cup medjool dates soaked in warm water for 15 mins (remove seeds)
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
How To Make Base:
- Blend all the ingredients for the base together for about 45 seconds or until it is well combined. It will become a dough like texture.
- You will need a round spring form cake tin, pour the mixture in the tin and with your fingers push down until all the base is covered.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour.
How To Make The Filling:
- Place all ingredients for the filling into blender or food processor and blend for about 45 seconds or until the mixture is well combined.
- Take the base out the the freezer and pour the filling on top of the base, smooth over the top with a icing knife.
- Place back in freezer for about 3-4 hours.
- Take the cheesecake out the the freezer and with a knife go around the sides making sure it’s not sticking.
- Carefully take the cheesecake out of the tin and place on a cake plate.
- You can use any topping you desire! I used lemon zest, grated ginger, and pistachio nuts.
- Store in freezer.