Why Is This Good For Me?
Raw/Vegan/Gluten free/Dairy free/Processed sugar free
A morning at the local farmers markets gave me inspiration for this dish. I kept seeing these beautiful organic beetroots for sale and lots of citrus fruits which gave me the idea of making this light, fresh summer salad. I use a combination on beetroots and carrots in this salad as well as oranges and a lime dressing to give it that tangy flavour. Beetroots are a powerful antioxidant and can also help to reduce blood pressure. More reasons why it’s good to incorporate beetroot into your diet is it contains potassium, magnesium and iron as well as vitamins A, B6, C. I love how easy it is to make this salad, the citrous flavours make it taste fresh, delicious and this is defiantly not a boring old salad!
- 2 medium beetroots
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 oranges
- handful of raw cashews roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander chopped
- handful of goji berries
- 1 fresh lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How To Make This:
- Grate or use a spiralizer to finely chop the beetroot and carrots and place into a salad bowl (used a spiralizer but grating is also fine).
- Remove the peel and chop one orange, mix through the salad leaving the other orange to put on top. Add in all remaining salad ingredients and mix with salad tongs.
- To make the dressing, simply juice the lime and add honey mix well then add olive oil, mix until combined.
- Pour dressing all over the salad and toss the salad so the dressing is mixed through.
- Remove the peel from the second orange, thinly slice and place on top as a garnish.