Why Is This Good For Me?
Raw/Vegan/Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Processed Sugar Free
Pad Thai is a probably something you have all tried before, and is a very popular dish to have when going to a Thai restaurant or having Thai take away. But as yummy as it might be, it’s far from healthy. A combination of starchy white noodles with minimal vegetables fried in oil- well you’re not only looking at the unhealthiest dish on the menu but imagine what it’s doing in your body! Hence why I created a healthy alternative that is nourishing and kind to the body. In this recipe I have used kelp noodles which is a type of seaweed packed full of nutrients to support digestion, metabolism, and are gluten and wheat free. Kelp noodles are eaten raw so they are quick and easy to use and also taste great when mixed with salad.
- 1 zucchini spiralized into spaghetti using a spiralizer or thinly slice lengthways
- 1 carrot peeled lengthways
- 1/2 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup kelp noodles (you can buy from most food stores, no need to soak or boil just use straight from the packet.)
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas thinly sliced
- 1 cup sprouts
Cashew lime dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Cashew Butter (can buy or make yourself, see link for recipe)
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon gluten free tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
How To Make:
- Prep all your vegetables, place into a large mixing bowl and mis together using your hands until well combined.
- In a separate jar or mixing cup, combined the cashew lime dressing and stir until it becomes a smooth consistency and put aside.
- Place the vegetables on a plate and drizzle over the dressing (use as much as you like it’s super yummy!)
- Top with sprouts, sugar snap peas, and slice of lime. You can even add crushed roast cashews.