Why Is This Good For Me?
Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Processed Sugar Free/ vegan
You can still enjoy the traditional Anzac biscuit but this recipe has cut out all the nasties and replaced them with natural wholesome ingredients your body will love. I have replaced the oats with quinoa flakes which are gluten free and high in fibre, and use honey or you can use rice malt syrup to sweeten. These were a hit with my family and friends yesterday so I had to share the recipe, Hope you enjoy these delicious healthy treats!
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon of gluten free baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of honey or alternatively rice malt syrup (for less sugar option)
- 1/2 cup macadamias (optional)
How To Make This:
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together dry ingrediants: quinoa flakes, almond meal, desiccated coconut, macadamias.
- Mix in vanilla essence, honey, coconut oil and mix well then transfer to a food processor of high speed blender and blend until well combined (roughly 30 seconds) do not over blend.
- Transfer mixture back to the bowl and scoop out small amounts of the mixture, roll into balls and place on baking tray flattening the mixture down slightly. Do this until you have used up all the mixture and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Keep an eye on them as the cook very fast and you don’t want to make them to hard or burn. Once they are ready remove from oven and let them cool then enjoy!