Why Is This Good For Me?
Dairy Free/ Raw/ Vegan/ Gluten Free/ Processed Sugar Free
This smoothie packs a punch! As the weather starts to cool down we need to keep warm and start incorporating more vitamins in our diet to keep away those nasty colds and flues. When I think of immunity boosting foods I think of oranges, ginger, and lemons, natural detoxifiers loaded with vitamin C! I’ve also added in some of my favourite immunity boosting spices. Turmeric which is an anti-inflammatory and helps reduce bacterial and viral infections and Cayenne pepper which aids in digestion and helps regulate blood sugar levels. To top it all off I have added raw organic apple cider vinegar which has enzymes that are gut friendly to promote healing and also helps with sinus drainage. Hope you all stay healthy this winter and stay tuned for more winter warmer recipes your body will love!
- 2 oranges peeled
- Big chunk of raw ginger
- Half a lemon peeled
- 1 cup coconut water or distilled water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon raw organic apple cider vinigar (I used Bragg, it’s the best)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- pinch of stevia or 2 medjool dates
How to make this:
- Place all ingredients (leaving out turmeric as it may stain your blender) into a blender and blend on highfor approximately 60 seconds.
- Pour into a glass and stir in turmeric.