Gluten Free/ Processed Sugar Free
Why Is This Good For Me?
This smoothie has become one of my favourite smoothies to have in the morning! It is full of fibre which keeps us fuller for longer and is loaded with vitamins making it a perfect choice for breakfast. The secret ingredient is…….. yep SWEET POTATO! Sounds like a strange thing to put into a smoothie but guess what, it tastes super sweet and delicious, trust me! The thing I love about sweet potatoes is they are highly nutritious, rich in vitamins A (immune system), C (antioxidant) & B (metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats), contain manganese (food into energy, regulates blood sugar levels), potassium (anxiety and stress, nervous system) and even iron (transports oxygen to cells).
- 1/2 cup steamed sweet potato (leave skins on more fibre)
- 1 cup almond milk (or coconut milk, oat milk, rice milk)
- 1/2 large banana
- 2 medjool dates pitted
- 1 hand full of cashews soaked in water for 15 mins
- 1/2 cup icecubes
- 1 tablespoon natural organic yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (ground ginger or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon maca powder (optional but is great hormonal balance and energy)
How To Make This:
- Steam sweet potato until soft and set aside to cool (you can do this the night before)
- Rinse Cashews with water.
- Place all the ingredients into a high speed blender or you can use a food processor.
- Blend until the ingredients are well combined, top with cinnamon and cashews… enjoy!!
Say This Beauty Smoothie Affirmation:
Wellness is my natural state. disease is an imposter… My heart and soul are nourished, my mind is focused and active and my spirit soars as I bask in the wellness of being. I am healthy, happy and content. – Caroline Myss