Why Is This Good For Me?
Raw/ Vegan/ Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Processed Sugar Free
I was driving home the other day and thats when I noticed limes for sale on the side of the road and in that moment I wanted to create a delicious desert from these beautiful limes. I bought a bag of them and off I went to do what I love “create healthy recipes”. I’m a massive sweet tooth but I never touch processed sugar or processed foods and to be honest I never crave unhealthy chocolate bars or deserts as I would rather indulge in natures sweetness ‘real food’ that makes you feel healthy and happy! Limes have antioxidant and antibiotic properties and also help to improve digestion. To make this lime pie green I added avocados which are monounsaturated fat great for cardiovascular health, Skin and also weight loss as it burns energy slower and keeps you satisfied.
For the base:
- 1 cup raw almonds soaked for 5 hours then rinsed
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cups medjool dates pitted and soaked for 15 mins in warm water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the filling:
- 1 cups raw cashews soaked for 5 hours in warm water
- 2 ripe avocados skin and seed removed
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey or organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup juice from a fresh lime
How To Make This:
Equipment: High speed blender or food processor and spring cake tin or pie dish
- Before making this you will need to do a little preparation by soaking the nuts as this will activate them and make them soft so its easier to blend.
- Once you have all your prep done, start with the base by blending all the base ingredients together. This will become sticky which is what you want.
- Scoop out base mix and add to a spring cake tin lined with baking paper or if you don’t have one of these you can just use a pie dish.
- Push down base with your fingers until the bottom is fully covered evenly. I like to sprinkle some coconut flakes on top before I put the the filling in then place in the freezer for 15 mins.
- Blend all filling ingredients together until its nice a creamy (I blended mine for 30 seconds then mixed with the spoon then blended again for another 30 seconds)
- Take the base out of the freezer and pour the filling on top and smooth over with the back of a spoon then put back in freezer for at least 4 hours.
- When you are ready to eat decorate with some limes and share the love with friends and family!
- Store in the fridge, should last for a week (mine lasted two day whoops!).
Say This Affirmation Today:
I deserve the best
and I accept the best now.
I appreciate and value all that i have.
I am empowered and I create daily the life
I choose and enjoy the best life has to offer me.
I have an amazing, fulfilling life and
I deserve the best.