Vegan/ Gluten Free/ Sugar Free/ Dairy Free
Why Is This Good For Me?
Brrr when the weather cools down we naturally turn to warm comforting foods… and I have the perfect healthy meal for you! A delisious red lentil vegan soup that is full of nourishing ingredients to warm you up this winter and keep you feeling satisfied. Soups are easily digested making it the perfect choice for those with digestive disorders such as irritable bowl syndrome (IBS).
Red Lentils- Low in calories and high in nutrition, Lowers cholesterol, helps to reduce heart disease along with a healthy diet, digestive health- insoluble dietary fibre heaps relieve constipation and digestive disorders such as IBS, full of protein, helps in weight loss because lentils are low in calories but are high in fibre and protein keeping you feeling satisfied for longer.
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into cubes
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin chopped into cubes
- 3/4 cup of red lentils
- 2 cups of kales stalks removed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups water
- 1 organic vegetable stock cube
- 1 chilli chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
How To Make This:
You will need- High speed blender or a stick blender
- In a large pot, add the coconut oil and heat up. Then you can add the diced onion, garlic, chilli and cook until soft.
- Add the water and stock cube and the remaining ingredients (except the kale) and bring to boil, you will need to cook this for about 30 minutes or until its soft enough the blend.
- Once it is cooked, I like to add in the chopped kale and stir for a few minutes then either pour the soup into a blender or use a stick blender and blend for about 30-60 seconds (I left mine a bit chunky).
- Pour your soup back into the pot and serve warm. You can garnish with some coconut oil and shredded kale for that extra special touch.
- Let the pot cool down and store in the fridge, It will usually last about 5 days.
Affirmation of the day…
I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.