Why Is This Good For Me?
Raw/ Gluten free/ Vegan/ Processed sugar free/ Dairy free
A delicious guilt free treat loaded with good fats and fibre your body loves…
Gluten free oats: Soluble fibre that can help stabilise blood sugar levels as it slows down the aborbtion of sugars durning digestion. Helps to lower cholesterol.
Cashews: Rich in antioxidants, contains monounsaturated fat thats promotes good heart health.
Dates: High in fibre, bowel health, contain essential vitamins and minerals.
Cacao: High in antioxidants, good source of magnesium which helps with calcium absorption, metabolism and protein synthesis, rich in iron, copper, potassium, calcium and zinc.
Avocados: Monounsaturated fats beneficial for maintaining good skin health, weight management. Contains omega-9 fats, vitamin A and E.
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon cacao
- 14 medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon organic peppermint extract
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or organic maple syrup
- handful cacao nibs for topping
Equipment: Blender or food processor
- Blend all base ingredients then transfer to a medium sized square cake dish lined with baking paper and push down with fingers until even , place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Blend all icing ingredients and spread onto of the base top with cacao nibs then transfer back into the freezer for about an hour.
- When you are ready to eat, take out of the freezer and cup into squares. Enjoy the goodness and happiness this delicious treats brings!
- Store in fridge, will keep for 5-7 days.
Quote of the day…