Why is this good for me?
Raw/ Vegan/ Dairy Free/ Gluten Free/ Processed Sugar Free
If you are going to eat a sweet treat why not make it healthy! This is sure to satisfy that sweet tooth of yours…
Raw Hazelnuts: Raw hazelnuts contain antioxidants and monounsaturated fats which is exteamly beneficial for heart health. They contain vitamin E which is very good for the muscles of the body especially the heart muscles. Good source of vitamin B complex. B complex is essential for the body as deficiency may cause problems with the nervous system, depression and birth defects. Hazelnuts are also loaded with essential minerals such as magnesium, potassium and calcium which improve blood circulation, proper body functioning and strengthens immunity keeping flues and colds away!
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (try and use a good organic coconut oil such as loving earth as it has a nice flavour)
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 7 medjool dates seeds removed
- You can add 1-2 tablespoons of raw honey or maple syrup if you feel your fudge needs more sweetness (I added 1 big tablespoon of honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or high speed blender and blend for about 60 seconds or until very smooth and creamy.
- Get your square cake tin and line with baking paper, transfer mixture into cake tin and spread out evenly.
- Chop up hazelnuts and sprinkle along the fudge and gently push down with a spoon or fingers.
- place in freezer for an hour and slice into squares.
- These are very filling and perfect to satisfy a sweet tooth! enjoy and store in fridge xx
With love from Life Of Goodness…
When you give your body the nourishment is deserves you shine from the inside out.