Why Is This Good For Me?
Raw/ Vegan/ Dairy Free/ Gluten Free/ Sugar Free
You may notice I use cashews a lot in my recipes as a alternative to dairy and this is because cashews have a rich creamy texture which is great for desserts, soups or cheeses. Cheese and crackers used to be one of my favourite snacks to eat although it was defiantly not a healthy option especially when you need to cut back on dairy. That is why I love this recipe because it still has a great flavour and a smooth creamy texture I hardly notice the difference! raw tasty cashew cheese is also very good for you so you don’t have to feel guilty after. It is a great alternative to cheese platters for people who are intolerant to dairy or just for a healthy option.
Raw cashews: Contain iron which plays a role in healthy circulation in the body, Boosts your copper and zinc levels that activate proteins needed for healthy cell growth, Contains manganese which supports your metabolism and helps process cholesterol, proteins and fats.
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water for 3- 4 hours before)
- 1/2 cup savoury yeast (adds a cheesy flavour, can get from most health stores)
- 1/2 water
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley
How To Make This:
- Once the cashews are soaked, rinse the water out and simple add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and blend until it is a smooth creamy texture.
- Transfer your cashew cheese in a bowl or store in a jar in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
- Enjoy with natural gluten free beetroot and plain corn chips or carrot and celery.
Affirmation- I choose to take care of my body knowing that this choice makes me feel happier.