WHY IS THIS GOOD FOR ME?
A healthy cookie yes please! These cookies are super delicious, sweet and chewy.. you can’t stop at one! In this recipe I have used hazelnut meal as it has a natural sweet flavour perfect for cookies. Hazelnuts are high in healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats which is great for heart heath. Hazelnuts are also a good source of oleic acid that can lower levels of cholesterol in the body. Chia Seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and are a great source of fibre, protein and calcium.
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 organic egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean pod or essence
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or macadamia
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
How To Make This:
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients until combined.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Line tray with baking paper and with a spoon, scoop out some of the mixture and roll into balls (you may want to put some coconut oil on your hands so the mixture does not stick to your hands).
- Once rolled into balls gently press them down on the tray not making them too flat.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 mins then take out and cool on a cooling tray.
- Enjoy with friends and family! they won’t last long!
Tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe! I would love to see your creations and your feedback :)–> @lifeofgoodness_ #lifeofgoodness xx