Why Is This Good For Me?
Raw/ Vegan/ Dairy free/ Gluten free/ Processed sugar free
A delicious snack bar you will adore! With the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter this makes a perfect snack for kids and adults.
Puffed Quinoa and amaranth: gluten free, cholesterol free, high in iron and calcium and high in protein.
Dark Chocolate: Powerful source of antioxidants.
Natural Peanut Butter: Full of fibre, protein, potassium and is a healthy fat thats good for your body. When you are choosing peanut butter go for a natural organic brand and check the ingredients to make sure it only contains peanuts and NO salt, sugar or preservatives.
- 1 1/2 cups puffed quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups puffed amaranth
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- About 4 rows of good quality dark chocolate
How To Make This:
- In a large mixing bowl combined puffed quinoa, amaranth, cacao powder, cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl add coconut oil, rice malt syrup, vanilla, peanut butter and place bowl in a saucepan with hot water, stir until coconut oil melts.
- Pour into the dry mixture and combined well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour mixture in pressing down with a wooden spoon and place in fridge.
- Place dark chocolate in bowl (do not use plastic) and to melt the chocolate add a small amount of boiling water to a saucepan placing the bowl or dark chocolate in, stir until melted.
- Take the mixture out go the fridge and with a spoon drizzle chocolate lines all over then place back in fridge.
- Leave for about 2-3 hours.
- Take out of fridge gently cut into bars and enjoy!
- Store them in the fridge.